Monday 15 September 2014

preparing for re-fit of standard oil pump


This afternoon I pulled the sump pan off the engine in order to get ready for re-fitting the standard Ferrari dry sump oil pump unit and drivechain. There are one or two small components I still need to purchase but I should have the engine back together within a week to 10 days.
Once the sump pan is back on there is nothing preventing me from connecting the engine and gearbox for what should be the final time. An event that will really feel like some good tangible progress is being made! I really like the rear flywheel clutch layout of the gearbox as it means the necessity for splitting the engine and gearbox in service is very low, and clutch flywheel maintenance is straightforward.


Gratuitous shot of titanium con-rods! (piston spray jets also visible)

No comments:

Post a Comment