Sunday 8 November 2015

Fire Extinguisher


Despite the fact that I am not building this car to any particular set of rules or regulations, it still seems very sensible to fit a decent fire suppression system in the interests of safety given the completely custom nature of the fuel, exhaust and wiring systems on the car.

I decided to mount the bottle in the front compartment, where I could easily site a 2.3Litre bottle. They system is designed for twin nozzles, and I decided to place both into the engine bay (rather than have one in the cockpit), as the engine bay is a more likely place for fire to breakout. If the system can suppress a fire even if just for long enough for me and a passenger to exit the cockpit then it will have done it's job.

A few pics of the install:


 Centrally mounted pull handle where both driver or passenger can get to it in a hurry.



One nozzle pointing at LHS bank, the other at RHS bank and oil tank.









No comments:

Post a Comment