Wednesday 11 November 2015

back on the ground!


So earlier this week, after precisely 521 days on axle stands since I started stripping the original S1 Elise the car is back on it's own four patches of rubber. 

Looking at how the car has metamorphisied (!) over that time I'm pretty pleased with the outcome and timescale. Especially seeing as I set out stripping the Elise without a clear plan as to what powerplant was going in at the time.

So still outstanding now are mainly just the fitment of the bespoke motorsport spec wiring loom, which isn't quite complete yet, fitment of front brake calipers and bleeding of clutch and brakes, and then set-up and mapping of the engine and all the ancillary systems.

There are quite a few niggly bits and bobs still to address on top of that, but not a lot else that would stop me shaking down the car.

Here's some pictures of the car back where it belongs :)
(ride heights are set pretty high for now in anticipation of loading trailers/ramps/rollers etc during mapping)

















2 comments:

  1. I've been reading your updates step by step and I'm in awe. The work that has been done and the final results are staggering.
    I just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on, come on, where are the pictures. More pictures please!

    ReplyDelete