Thursday 1 October 2015

Switches & Wind Deflectors


After much strife I eventually got the new switches working successfully.

From left to right:

1) Hazard, 2) Master Lamps On, 3) Screen Demist, 4) Front DRLs, 5) Rear Rain/Fog




Very happy with how they came out :)



Another area I have been metaphorically losing sleep over is the seal between top of window and roof. With the correct S1 seals no longer available from Lotus, or fetching silly money it was down to making something myself. 

I messed around with some D-section foam for ages, but couldn't come up with something I was happy with. So I changed tack and decided to try a wind deflector solution instead. I cut down some wind deflectors from a Megane Coupe and managed to get them fitting nicely with a tight gap to the top of the window as the door closes. 



As the car won't really be used in wet weather this should be sufficient to keep any mild drizzle mostly out of the cockpit!

No comments:

Post a Comment