Tuesday 22 September 2015

Polycarbonate Engine Hatch

Over the past 4 months or so I have had a bit of a side project on the car. This has involved working with a acrylics company in order to tool up an affordable, lightweight clear polycarbonate engine hatch option for the S1 Exige.

Finally after much development I have the first part on my car. Weighing in at about 5.5kg, it's a good 3-4kg lighter than the OEM part!

I am able to offer these in a rough-trimmed state for the user to trim and fit themselves as of now. Contact me on here or SELOC for details. In the future I hope to offer a fitting solution that looks totally "Factory Fit".

Still waiting for some catches to arrive before I can finalise the fitting of it, but it's pretty close now I have finished trimming it:

prior to trimming with about 15-20mm stock on all around












No comments:

Post a Comment